Katy Reel

Dear Friends: This website (a blog for Katy) has been set up so that you can receive updates regarding Katy’s situation. You can go to the blog for updates and then you can leave your encouragements, your prayers and affirmations for Katy, her family and friends to see. Thanks for praying. God bless you for loving Katy this way. - Kit Danley

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

In the Shelter of the Most High

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

This I declare of the LORD:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God,

and I am trusting him.

For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from the fatal plague.

He will shield you with his wings.
He will shelter you with his feathers.

His faithful promises
(I wonder which of these you have been gifted by God for Katy)
are your armor and protection.

Psalm 91:1-4



Well, dear friends,

Katy began chemo today, this treatment is placed in her implant. It didn’t hurt and the procedure is simple. She will have it again in two weeks, and will remain on a two week cycle. The other chemo treatment, the temedor, will also start, tomorrow, and she will have this everyday for five days, and repeat the treatment again next month.

PRAY
* For her physical and mental response to the chemo, as you know Katy is very sensitive to medications, for little to no reaction


She will have scans now every eight weeks, to see how things are going. The first couple of scans won’t show much, the doctors are saying, after that they will pick up any new tumor growth.

PRAY
* For no more tumor growth, for complete healing


The pathology is in, and there is no change, it is the same type of tumor, but has proven to be very aggressive.

PRAY with us that this tumor would respond to Jesus and to His demands.

Katy’s strength is improving little by little. She walked a little more today. Her nausea is better, she is eating more than she was, and has a bit of an appetite. Yet, she is tired and a little frustrated that she is tired all the time, not completely herself, lying too much on the couch.

PRAY
* that her strength would increase, that she would have a great appetite and regain some weight, and that physically she would be ready for the chemo onslaught.


Your love and encouraging words mean so much to each reader of the blog. Thank you for your commitment to persevere in prayer. Keep trusting Katy into the arms of her protector, in whom she has found shelter.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Katykins and all,

We had at Tab a lovely day yesterday(I hope--it seemed like it!) in prayer for you. The sun even came out for most of it, which is no small thing in Indiana in December. I will be sending you various items shortly, as soon as I get some old-fashioned film developed--I tried to take some pictures of the service and of the front of the chapel. Kirsten composed and led(if you will permit my motherly bragging) a lovely service and I have a copy of that for you, as well. Quite a few people came to the vigil throughout the day, about 25 came to the service, and many more who were not able to come to the church were praying throughout the day. And many entreaties were made on your behalf for healing, as well as praise for all God has done so far.

Blessings to you this day, kiddo. I have to get Heather and Ryan off to New York, and, later today, Kirsten back to Chicago (they really need me to get them back??? :) ) --anyway-- Psalm 30 was my Scripture for you yesterday, as you will see when you get the mailing...but as I glance at my open Bible right now, I see Psalm 31:24-- "Be strong, and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the Lord." Keep hoping, my dear, for He is ever with you.

Love,
Miriam and the Guidero clan :)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katy and all the Reels: 'Will continue to pray for God's comforing presence, peace and healing. I'm praying that this very day you will have increased energy, decrease nausea, and some real Indiana hunger!...yeah, the meat and potatoes kind!

Love ya all,Sher

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 6:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Katy and all Reels,

The 23rd Psalm keeps running through my mind, especially where "He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters; He restores my soul." As a child, I thought that sounded lovely, until someone told me that green pastures do not make healthy food for a sheep, and neither should they drink from still waters. Yet, that is where "He restores my soul." May He restore your souls today!

My heart and my on-going prayers are with you all.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Katy and family,
I am glad to hear the chemo is easy to receive and painless. May it do what it is supposed to do without reaction. I am sending you strength and wishes and prayers. You are so strong. with love Pat

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katy and Everyone,

We are all praying for you! Much Love Always, Julia

Thursday, December 29, 2005 10:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Katy
Glad to hear that you are regaining your strength and appetite. You are so strong!
Angela and I were speaking of you yesterday. Angela had her surgery for her back on Tuesday. She is in alot of pain but is progressing in strength. She said to me, this has been so hard but I can't even imagine what Katy goes through each day. This gave us, especially Angela a glimpse of reality of what you go through each day and admire your strength and perserverance even more! We are all thinking of you and miss you. You are in our thoughts and prayers each day! We love you!
Heltzels and Robertsons

Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beloved Katy, every time your name comes to mind I pray for you..God walks with you 24/7....he feels your extreme fatigue..and knows you are tired of being tired...Yet, he holds you in his arms..always ...

Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Katy, Patty, Rick, Lenny, and Amy,
We continue to pray for your healing, dear Katy. I remembered to pray especially on the 27th when the service was held at Tab, even though I was at home. I am grateful to those who write about your progress on this website so that we can know how you're doing. May God bless you always.
Linda and Jon Silverberg

Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home